What is Covimectin 12?
One of the best and most effective medicines for treating parasitic diseases is Covimectin. These tablets consist of a chemical component called ivermectin which can inhibit the parasites in your body without any harm. It is used for various parasitic diseases so doctors may suggest this medicine to different patients for different purposes.
It is a prescription drug which means it can be only used if prescribed by a doctor. It is taken only once however if you’re not cured then your physician may prescribe you more dosages. Usually, Covimectin 12mg has no side effects or risks, but you still need to follow precautions to avoid any health problems while using this medicine.
Covimectin 12 mg Tablet’s Available Strengths
The quantity of chemical components in each pill is called the strength of the medicine. The strength of a drug should be decided by a professional doctor according to how much the patient’s body can tolerate. Not everyone can take the same pills therefore strength of the pill varies from person to person.
Also, because these tablets are used for different diseases then the dose will be different for every disease. The suitable amount of chemicals in a pill for you can be decided by your age, weight, and health condition. The three forms of this tablet available are as follows:
- Covimectin 6
What is Covimectin 12 Used for?
It is an anti-parasitic drug which means it is used for eliminating parasites from the body, Covimectin 12 uses are mentioned below:
- River blindness is caused by a worm Onchocerca volvulus. This disease can cause eye irritation, damage, and permanent blindness if not treated on time. It can spread through blackflies if they’re infected and bite people. Covimectin can effectively treat this problem.
- Strongyloides are another health condition that can be treated by this medicine. This disease is caused by parasitic roundworms which cause infection. Its symptoms include; diarrhea, abdominal pain, and skin rashes.
- Skin Diseases like scabies can also be cured by using this medication. This disease is caused by burrowing mites and can give symptoms like acute itching. This infection can spread through physical contact and can become severe if neglected.
A well-known medical history institution named Signature Pharmaceuticals manufactures and sells this medicine in most of the countries around the world. It was established in 1995 and is a private institution which produces a wide range of medicines with bets quality. It is trusted by many health professionals around the world and their products are approved by health organizations.
Their medicines are meticulously researched and testified to assure the best results for those who are using their products. Similarly, this is a licensed pharmaceutical company selling Covimectin as one of the best drugs for parasitic diseases.
How Does Covimectin Work?
Ivermectin 12 mg tablets binds with the muscle and nerve cells of worms which makes their growth slower. It gradually paralyzes the parasites and stops their growth leading to killing them individually. Eventually, all the parasites in the body can be eliminated by this medicine.
It is a one-time drug which means this is taken only once and can treat you when you take the first pill. However, the doctor may prescribe you more pills if you’re not cured. This pill works naturally therefore it usually doesn’t have side effects.
Covimectin 12 Dosage
This medicine should be only taken when prescribed by a doctor and also the dosage must be decided by him. Patients should be careful and never self-medicate themselves. Similarly, they should never decrease or increase the prescription by themselves without asking a professional.
Usually, Covimectin 12 Tablet is prescribed to be taken once. It can cure the disease in the first dose so doctors prefer not to prescribe more pills. However, your doctor may ask you to take more pills after a while if you’re not completely cured. Furthermore, one pill should be taken at a time and the next dosage should be taken only as prescribed.
How to Take Covimectin?
- Use the medicine according to the instructions of the doctor so you will not have any side effects.
- This drug should be taken on an empty stomach one hour before the meal.
- Take it orally with water and do not use any other liquid as it might have a risk of interaction.
- Swallow the pill as a whole never crush or chew it.
- Don’t take Covimectin 12 Ivermectin Tablet after meals.
- Use the medicine only once as it can treat the disease at once.
- More pills should only be taken if the doctor prescribes it.
- The doctor would only prescribe the next dosage if you are not completely cured.
Precautions While Taking Covimectin Ivermectin Tablets
- Take only one tablet at a time and don’t use another pill without asking to the doctor.
- Check if you are allergic to any components included in the medicine before using it.
- Use this medicine only when your doctor tells you to take it.
- Breastfeeding or pregnant women should be cautious while taking this drug and should try to avoid using it without consulting a doctor.
- If the treatment plan doesn’t work out then tell your doctor without doing anything by yourself.
- Tell your physician if you’re having any unusual effects.
- Don’t use this medication with caffeine or alcohol.
- Always tell your doctor about your medical history or if you’re suffering from any disease currently.
- Patients with liver and kidney diseases should try not to use this medication or use it only when the doctor prescribes them.
- Don’t use this tablet with other similar medicines like Anti Parasitic Drugs or anti-infective pills.
Your doctor needs to know about your medical history and your current health problem to decide what medicine is suitable for you. You can have a risk of interaction with some diseases. So your doctor will not be able to help you if you do not tell him about your current disease.
Similarly, ivermectin can also interact with some diseases and can make your condition severe. Therefore, you should avoid taking it if you have any of the health conditions mentioned below:
- HIV (AIDS)
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Lung diseases
- Kidney & Liver Problems
- Human African Trypanosomiasis
Drug Interactions With Covimectin
Chemical components of different medicines usually have a risk of interaction with each other. Therefore, some medicines should be avoided to be taken together. Similarly, Ivermectin Tablet can also react with other medications so you should not use it if you’re already undergoing another treatment.
Ask your doctor to change the medicine if you’re using any of the drugs mentioned below:
- Valproic Acid & other anti-epileptic drugs
- Anti-anxiety drugs
- Sodium Oxybate
- Other anti parasitic drug
Side Effects of Covimectin
Like any other medication, this pill can also give you unwanted effects if you don’t use it according to the doctor’s guidance. It can happen due to Interaction, allergies, or overdosage however most of these symptoms are mild and can gradually end. The common Covimectin 12 Side Effects are as follows:
- Muscle pain
- Facial Swelling
- Decreased white blood cells
- Itching and rashes on the skin
- Swelling or redness in eyes
- Joint pain
Severe Side Effects
Some unusual effects that you might have and can be risky for your health are listed below. You will have to quickly ask for medical help if you have any of these symptoms because they can become severe if not treated on time.
- Low blood pressure
- Extreme tiredness
- Difficulty & trembling while standing or walking
- Extreme Drowsiness
Covimectin Overdose Symptoms
You might have some symptoms that can happen when the strength of the pill is not suitable for your health. If you have these symptoms then ask your doctor to change or reduce your dosage so you won’t have to suffer any further complications. These symptoms are:
- Extreme confusion and drowsiness
- Trembling and difficulty while standing or walking
What if You Miss a Dose of Covimectin?
This is a one-time medicine so if you forget to take it then take it whenever you remember. However, if you have already had your meal then take it before the next meal. Similarly, if your doctor has prescribed you more dosage and if you miss it then take the next pill on an empty stomach whenever you remember to take it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I take Covimectin without a prescription from a doctor?
No, you should not use this medicine if it is not prescribed by the doctor. This medicine may not be suitable for many people therefore they should not use it without consulting to a health care provider.
2. Is Covimectin 12 Signature tablet effective?
Yes, this medicine is very beneficial for treating parasitic or infectious diseases. However, it will be only useful if used according to the instructions of a physician.
3. How does Covimectin work?
It works by paralyzing the cells of parasites in the body which leads to their growth loss and death. Also, this medicine works only when consumed before meals.