Introduction to Hepbest 25 mg Tablet
Hepbest 25mg Tablet is used in the treatment of HIV infection and chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. It prevents the multiplication of viruses in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Hepbest Tablet should be used in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Take it with food, as this increases the absorption of the medicine into the body. It is important to keep taking them until your doctor tells you it is safe to stop.
Some people may experience headaches as a side effect of this medicine. Please consult your doctor if it persists for a longer duration. These are usually not serious but tell your doctor if they bother you or do not go away. Rarely, some people may experience a skin reaction or liver damage. Your doctor will closely monitor you for these in the initial period of treatment.
Before taking it, tell your doctor if you have any skin problems or liver or kidney disease. While using it, you may need regular blood tests to check your blood counts and liver function. Avoid drinking alcohol as it may increase your risk of liver damage. Pregnant or breastfeeding mothers should consult their doctor before using this medicine. Do not have unprotected sex or share personal items like razors or toothbrushes, if you are HIV positive. Talk to your doctor about safe ways like condoms to prevent HIV transmission during sex.
Uses of Hepbest 25 mg
- Chronic Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) infection
How Does Hepbest 25 Works
Hepbest Tablet is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Side Effects of Hepbest 25
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common Side Effects
- Abdominal pain
- Increased transaminase level in blood
- Back pain
- Increased creatine phosphokinase (CPK) level in blood
- Increased LDL cholesterol level in blood
Dosage of Hepbest 25 mg
HepBest 25 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Tenofovir Alafenamide, which is used in the treatment of HIV infection& chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. This medicine is available in different substitutes & strengths & has got to be purchased or given on doctor’s prescription only. You must consult your physician for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be best judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take HepBest 25 mg Tablet at a fixed time with food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take HepBest 25 mg Tablet regularly on time for better results.
How to Manage Side Effects
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet
- Communicate with Healthcare Provider
- Follow the Prescribed Dosage
- Take Medication with Food
- Stay Hydrated
- Avoid Alcohol and Certain Foods
- Monitor Blood Work
- Manage Nausea
Warning & Precautions
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- You must not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- HepBest 25 mg Tablet is not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age
- You must not drive or operate heavy machinery at the same time as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You must use effective contraception while taking HepBest 25 mg Tablet & 12 weeks after stopping it
- You must exercise regularly & take calcium and vitamin D supplements as it may cause weakening of your bones
- You must regularly get your blood tests done to monitor your blood cells, liver and kidney function, and electrolyte levels during treatment with this medicine
- You must get your blood glucose level checked during treatment with this medicine
- Always consult with your medical doctor straight away to get best possible treatment if you are observing any of the above-mentioned conditions.
- Consult with Healthcare Professional: Seek guidance from a qualified healthcare professional before starting or stopping any medication.
- Medical History: Inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical history, including any pre-existing medical conditions, allergies, or medications you are taking.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, discuss the risks and benefits of the medication with your healthcare provider.
- Dosage and Administration: Take the medication exactly as prescribed. Do not exceed the recommended dosage or change the dosing schedule without consulting your healthcare provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Hepbest 25 mg Tablet prevent passing of HIV-1 and HBV to others?
Ans. In case of HIV-1 infection, Hepbest Tablet may reduce the risk of passing the virus to others, but the chances of infecting others still persist. However, in case of HBV infection, Hepbest Tablet has not proven to reduce risk of transferring the virus to others. Therefore, the patients of both HIV-1 infection and HBV infection should practice safe sex and should not share dirty needles.
2. Is Hepbest 25mg Tablet safe?
Ans. Hepbest 25mg Tablet is safe if used in the dose and duration advised by your doctor. Take it exactly as directed and do not skip any dose. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully and let your doctor know if any of the side effects bother you.
3. How should I take Hepbest 25mg Tablet?
Ans. You should take Hepbest 25mg Tablet in the dose and duration advised by your doctor. Hepbest 25mg Tablet works best when taken with meals or just afterwards. However, taking it without food does not reduce its effectiveness. If you have any doubts, consult your doctor.
4. For how long do I need to take Hepbest 25 Tablet for HBV infection?
Ans. Duration of treatment will depend on the severity of HBV infection. You will need to take periodic blood tests to keep a check on the viral load and number of T cells. Your doctor will then decide the duration of the medicine accordingly. In some cases, treatment is required life long.