Introduction to Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet
Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet is a medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps control blood sugar levels and thus prevent serious complications of diabetes. It is also used to treat a menstruation-related disorder known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) in women.
Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet is best taken with food to avoid nausea and abdominal pain. You should take it regularly, at the same time each day, to get the most benefit. You should not stop taking this medicine unless your doctor recommends it. Your lifestyle plays a big part in controlling diabetes. Therefore, it is important to stay on the diet and exercise program recommended by your doctor while taking this medicine.
The most common side effects of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, taste change, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and loss of appetite. Some people may develop hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when this medicine is taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol, or upon skipping a meal. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly while taking it.
Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor if you have any kidney, liver, or heart problems. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should also consult their doctor before taking it. Your doctor will check your kidney function tests before starting treatment with it. Avoid excessive alcohol intake while taking it as this may increase the risk of developing some side effects.
Uses of Mefomin 1000 SR
- Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes mellitus
How Does Mefomin 1000 SR Works
Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet is an anti-diabetic medication (biguanide). It works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying the absorption of sugar (glucose) from the intestines, and increasing the body’s sensitivity to insulin.
Side Effects of Mefomin 1000 SR
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common Side Effects
Dosage of Mefomin 1000 SR
I believe there might be a confusion in your question, as “Mefomin 1000 SR” and “Menomin GZ 80” are not recognized medications. It’s possible that you meant “Metformin 1000 SR” and “Metformin Gliclazide 80,” which are commonly used drugs for diabetes management.
Other Dosage of Mefomin 1000 SR
How to Manage Side Effects
- Contact Your Healthcare Provider
- Follow Prescribed Dosage
- Take with Food
- Stay Hydrated
- Avoid Alcohol and Certain Foods
- Monitor Blood Sugar Levels
Warning & Precautions
- Drug Interactions.
- Liver or Kidney Issues
- Heart Conditions
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar)
- Driving and Machinery
- Always take Menomin GZ 80 as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Inform your doctor about any medical conditions, allergies, or medications you are taking before starting Menomin GZ 80.
- Follow the recommended dosage and do not exceed the prescribed amount.
- Do not use Menomin GZ 80 if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking Menomin GZ 80, as it may interact with the medication.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding before starting the medication.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Menomin GZ 80 causes drowsiness or dizziness.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Store Menomin GZ 80 in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, and keep it out of reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet do exactly?
Ans. People with type 2 diabetes are not able to make enough insulin or respond normally to the insulin made by their bodies. When this happens, the concentration of sugar/glucose increases in the blood. Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet acts in several ways to reduce the increased levels of sugar in blood. Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet decreases glucose production from the liver and decreases absorption of glucose from the intestine after taking food while improving the sensitivity of the body organs and muscles towards insulin. This helps improve the uptake of glucose from the blood. It also helps your body to respond better to the insulin it makes naturally.
2. Does Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet cause weight loss?
Ans. Yes, Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet has been shown to cause weight loss in people who are overweight or obese. It may also cause a modest loss in weight in those overweight and obese individuals who are at risk for diabetes. In addition, patients who are sensitive or resistant to insulin may also show weight loss. But, do not start taking this medicine for weight loss on your own. Consult your doctor for the same.
3. What are the benefits of taking Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet?
Ans. Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet is one of the first medicines that is given to patients with high blood sugar levels. It helps control blood sugar levels. It promotes the body’s response to the insulin made by the pancreas, decreases the amount of sugar made by the liver and decreases the amount of sugar absorbed by the intestines. Unlike other oral antidiabetic medicines, Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet when taken alone, rarely causes low blood sugar as it prevents the pancreas from secreting more insulin. In addition to being a great medicine to lower blood sugar levels, it also helps in controlling weight gain.
4. Can Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet make you sleepy?
Ans. Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet usually does not cause sleepiness and is well tolerated. However, the use of Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet may rarely cause sleep disorders and insomnia. Sleepiness may be due to a very serious side effect called lactic acidosis, which particularly occurs if your kidneys are not working properly. Contact your doctor if you feel sleepy or tired while taking Mefomin 1000 SR Tablet.