Introduction to Predmet 1% Eye Drop
Predmet 1% Eye Drop belongs to a group of medicine called steroids. It is used for the treatment of redness and swelling in the eyes caused by infection or allergy. It provides relief from redness, itchiness and soreness by stopping the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Never use Predmet 1% Eye Drop if the seal is broken before you use it for the first time. Wash your hands before using it and shake the bottle well before each use. Make sure you remove contact lenses if you wear them and wait for at least 15 minutes before putting them back. Do not stop using this medicine without asking your doctor. Stopping the medication before time may allow the bacteria to continue their growth, which may result in the return of the infection.
The most common side effects of Predmet 1% Eye Drop are burning sensation, irritation, watery eye, or blur the vision temporarily. If your vision is blurred or you have other changes in sight for a time, do not drive until your vision is clear.
Uses of Predmet 1% Eye
- Treatment of Redness and swelling in the eye
- Treatment of Severe allergic reactions
- Treatment of Allergic conditions
- Treatment of Rheumatic disorder
- Treatment of Skin disorders
- Treatment of Eye disorders
- Treatment of Nephrotic syndrome
How Does Predmet 1% Eye Works
Predmet 1% Eye Drop is a steroid. It works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers that make the eye red, swollen and itchy.
Side Effects of Predmet 1% Eye
- Blurred vision
- Eye irritation or burning sensation
- Increased eye pressure
- Eye pain or discomfort
- Redness or swelling of the eyes
- Watery eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye infections (rare)
- Allergic reactions (rare) – rash, itching, swelling
Serious Side Effects
- Allergic reactions
- Increased intraocular pressure
- Delayed wound healing
- Cataract formation
- Corneal thinning or perforation
- Glaucoma exacerbation
Dosage of Predmet 1% Eye
Avoid using more than the prescribed dosage. In case of an accidental overdose, promptly seek medical advice. Depending on the dosage, symptoms may vary.
Missed a Dose
Use the medicine as quickly as you can, but leave out the missed dose if it is close to your next dose time. Do not take two doses at the same time.
How to Manage Side Effects
- Follow the prescribed dosage and administration instructions given by your doctor.
- Inform your doctor about any medical conditions, allergies, or medications you are currently taking before starting Predmet 1% Eye.
- Attend all follow-up appointments with your Eye care professional to monitor your eye health and discuss any concerns.
- If you are using other eye medications, space them out according to your doctor’s instructions to avoid interactions.
- Wash your hands before applying eye drops to prevent contamination and potential eye infections.
- Avoid touching your eyes or the surrounding area unnecessarily.
- If you wear contact lenses, discuss with your doctor whether they should be removed before using the eye drops.
Warning & Precautions
- Eye Infections
- Herpes Simplex Keratitis
- Fungal Infections
- Delayed Healing
- Contact Lenses
- Use as Prescribed: Follow the exact dosage and administration instructions provided by your doctor or healthcare professional.
- Avoid Contamination: Wash your hands thoroughly before using the eye drops to prevent contamination.
- Avoid Contact Lenses: Unless otherwise advised by your doctor, remove contact lenses before applying Predmet 1% Eye. Wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting them.
- Single-Patient Use: Do not share the eye drops with others, as it is intended for single-patient use only.
- Do Not Touch Eye Surface: Avoid touching the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the eye, to prevent contamination.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Predmet 1% Eye Drop? What is it used for?
Ans. Predmet 1% Eye Drop belongs to a group of medicines called steroids, also known as corticosteroids. It is used to relieve swelling, itchiness, and redness of the eyes that may be caused due to infection.
2. Is Predmet 1% Eye Drop effective?
Ans. Predmet 1% Eye Drop is effective if used in the dose and duration advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking it even if you see improvement in your condition. If you stop using Predmet 1% Eye Drop too early, the symptoms may return or worsen.
3. I feel better now, can I stop using Predmet 1% Eye Drop?
Ans. No, you should not stop using Predmet 1% Eye Drop suddenly without talking to your doctor. Your symptoms may improve and you may feel better before the infection is completely cleared. Still, it is advised to complete the full course of treatment. Stopping the medication too early may worsen your symptoms and your infection may return. It could also allow the spread of the infection and hence prevent complete healing.
4. In which conditions should the use of Predmet 1% Eye Drop be avoided?
Ans. Use of Predmet 1% Eye Drop should be avoided in patients who are allergic to Predmet 1% Eye Drop or any of its components. However, if you are not aware of any allergy or if you are using Predmet 1% Eye Drop for the first time, consult your doctor.