Introduction to Avana 200mg Tablets
Avanafil 200 mg tablets with brand name Avana 200 mg is a phosphodiesterase5 (PDE5) inhibitor.
Uses of Avana 200
Avana 200 mg tablets are oval shaped pale yellow in colour. The medicine is used to treat sexual problems in male (mainly impotence and erectile dysfunction). It increases the flow of blood to the penis which helps in erection.
How does Avana 200 Tablet Works?
It works by increasing blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation. This increased blood flow can cause an erection.
Side Effects of Avana 200
Common Side Effects
- Back pain
- Stuffy nose
- Common cold
Serious Side Effects
- Decreased vision (rare)
- Allergic reactions
- Hearing loss (rare)
Dosage of Avana 200
Dosage of Avanafil 200 tablets differs among patients depending upon the tolerance and response towards the first dose. The medicine should be taken orally 15 to 30 minutes prior to sexual activity. The recommended dosage should be taken once in a day.
- Initial dose is of 100 mg taken with or without food.
- Dosage can be increased to 200 mg depending upon the efficiency and tolerance of an individual.
- Lowest dose that is used is of 50 mg.
Other Dosage of Avana 200
- Avana 50
- Avana 100
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Avana 200?
Ans. Avana 200 is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED). Approved by the FDA in April of 2012, Avana 200 is a second-generation treatment for ED, meaning it’s a newer option than older ED drugs such as Viagra, Cialis and Levitra.
Like other ED medications, Avana 200 works by improving blood flow to the erectile tissue of the penis. After using Avana 200 , men affected by erectile dysfunction typically find it easier to get an erection and stay erect during sexual activity.
2. What is Avanafil?
Ans. Avanafil is the active ingredient in Avana 200. All Avana tablets contain either 50mg, 100mg or 200mg of avanafil. It is currently the only brand of avanafil that’s available in the United States.
3. Is Avana 200 Available as a Generic Medication?
Ans. Avana 200 is a new, second-generation erectile dysfunction medication that only in 2012 got its approval by the FDA. Because it’s such a new drug, Avana 200 is not available as a generic medication in the United States.
4. How is Avana 200 Different From Viagra?
Ans. Although Avana 200 and Viagra are both designed to treat erectile dysfunction, there are several key differences between the two medications:
- Avana 200 is more selective than Viagra, meaning it more specifically targets the PDE5 enzyme responsible for regulating blood flow to the erectile tissue of the penis.
- Avana 200 is less likely to cause some side effects, such as headache and facial flushing, than Viagra.
- Avana 200 typically starts working faster than Viagra and is less affected by factors such as your consumption of food and alcohol.
- Avana 200 has a slightly longer half-life than Viagra, meaning it stays effective for a longer period of time after you take it.
Our Avana vs. Viagra guide goes into more detail on the main differences between these two treatments and explains which option is likely the best for you.