Introduction to Dinex EC 400 mg Capsule
Dinex EC 400mg Capsule belongs to a group of medicines called Antiretroviral. It is used to treat HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), the virus that can cause AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). It helps to control HIV infection so your immune system can work better.
Dinex EC 400mg Capsule is not a cure for HIV or AIDS and only helps to decrease the amount of HIV in your body. This helps to lower your risk of getting HIV-related complications and improves your lifespan. It is prescribed in combination with other HIV medicines. Your doctor will recommend the best medicines for you and will decide the doses that you need.
Follow carefully the instructions for all the medicines that you are given. It can be taken with or without food. Taking all these medicines regularly at the right times greatly increases their effectiveness and reduces the chances of HIV becoming resistant to them. It is important not to miss doses and to keep taking them until your doctor tells you it is safe to stop.
Common side effects of this medicine include headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, fatigue, diarrhea, and rash. These are usually not serious but tell your doctor if they bother you or do not go away. Rarely, some people may experience a skin reaction or liver damage. Your doctor will closely monitor you for these in the initial period of treatment.
Uses of Dinex EC 400 mg
- Treatment of HIV infection
How Does Dinex EC 400 Works
Dinex EC 400 Mg Capsule has an active ingredient; Didanosine is an antiviral medication which prevents the increase of the virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses & clears up your infection.
Didanosine is a nucleoside analogue of adenosine which differs from other nucleoside analogues, as it does not have any of the regular bases, in its place it has hypoxanthine attached to the sugar ring. Inside the cell, Didanosine is phosphorylated to the active metabolite of dido adenosine triphosphate (ddATP) by cellular enzymes. Didanosine acts as a chain terminator by incorporation & inhibits viral reverse transcriptase by competing with natural ATP.
Side Effects of Dinex EC 400
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common Side Effects
- Pancreatic inflammation
- Elevated Serum Glutamic Oxaloacetic Transaminase
- Elevated serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase
- Increased lipase in the blood
Dosage of Dinex EC 400 mg
Dinex EC 400 Mg Capsule contains an active ingredient, Didanosine, which is used in the treatment of HIV infection. This medicine is available in different substitutes & strengths & has got to be purchased or given on doctor’s prescription only. You must consult your physician for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be best judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Dinex EC 400 Mg Capsule at a fixed time without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Dinex EC 400 Mg Capsule regularly on time for better results.
Other Dosages of Dinex EC 400mg
Warning & Precautions
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- You must not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- Dinex EC 400 Mg Capsule is not recommended for use in children under 3 years of age
- You must not drive or operate heavy machinery at the same time as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You must regularly get your blood tests done to monitor your blood cells, liver and kidney function, and electrolyte levels during treatment with this medicine
- Always consult with your medical doctor straight away to get the best possible treatment if you are observing any of the above-mentioned conditions.
- Always take the medication as prescribed by your healthcare professional.
- Do not take the medication if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Inform your doctor about your medical history, including any pre-existing conditions or medications you are currently taking, to avoid potential drug interactions.
- If you experience any adverse reactions or side effects while taking the medication, contact your doctor immediately.
- Do not share your medication with others, as it may not be suitable for their condition.
- Store the medication in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, and out of reach of children.
- Follow any special storage instructions provided with the medication.
- Do not use expired medications; dispose of them properly according to local regulations.
- If you miss a dose, follow your doctor’s advice on what to do. Never take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Dinex EC 400mg Capsule? What is it used for?
Ans. Dinex EC 400mg Capsule belongs to a group of medicines called antiretroviral. It is used to treat HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), the virus that can cause AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). It helps to control HIV infection so your immune system can work better.
2. How does Dinex EC 400mg Capsule work?
Ans. Dinex EC 400mg Capsule prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
3. Is Dinex EC 400mg Capsule safe?
Ans. Dinex EC 400mg Capsule is safe if used in the dose and duration advised by your doctor. Take it exactly as directed and do not skip any dose. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully and let your doctor know if any of the side effects bother you.
4. How should I take Dinex EC 400mg Capsule?
Ans. Dinex EC 400mg Capsule should be taken in the dose and duration advised by the doctor. This medicine is to be taken on an empty stomach to get maximum benefit. It is better to take Dinex EC 400mg Capsule at a fixed time of the day to avoid the chances of missing a dose.