Introduction to Evalon Cream 15gm
Evalon Cream 15 gm belongs to a group of medicines called hormone replacement therapy used to relieve menopausal symptoms in the vagina, such as vaginal atrophy (vaginal dryness or irritation). It is used before/after vaginal surgery to help wound healing. Vaginal atrophy occurs due to a drop in the levels of oestrogen that naturally happens after menopause.
Evalon Cream 15 gm contains ‘estriol’, which works by replacing the oestrogen that is normally produced by the ovaries, thereby helping provide relief from discomfort, dryness or irritation in the vagina.
In some cases, you may experience side effects such as itching, irritation of the skin around the vagina, swollen, tender, or painful breasts, headache, and nausea. Most of these side effects do not require medical attention and will resolve gradually over time. However, you are advised to talk to your doctor if the side effects persist or worsen.
Avoid using Evalon Cream 15 gm if you are pregnant, planning for pregnancy or breastfeeding. Stop using Evalon Cream 15 gm and consult a doctor if you notice jaundice, a large rise in blood pressure, migraine, if you become pregnant or if you notice any signs of a blood clot such as sudden chest pain, difficulty breathing, painful swelling and redness of the legs. Keep your doctor informed about your health condition and medicines to rule out any side effects.
Evalon Cream is identical to a female hormone, estrogen. It is used to treat symptoms associated with menopause. This topical preparation helps to treat vaginal burning, dryness and itching caused due to lack of estrogen.
You should use Evalon Cream in the way your doctor advises. It may depend on whether you have had any kind of hormonal replacement treatment (HRT) before. Even if your symptoms improve, you should continue the treatment as it has been prescribed.
When you start using this medicine you may experience vaginal irritation or itching. This usually goes away if you continue using it. You may also get pain in your abdomen, a genital rash, headache and vaginal thrush (candidiasis). Tell your doctor if you experience bleeding in your vagina. Your doctor may give you an alternative medicine.
Uses of Evalon 15gm
Vaginal atrophy and before/after surgery to help wound healing. Evalon 15gm is a medication containing estradiol, which is a form of the hormone estrogen. It is commonly used for hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to manage symptoms associated with menopause and to treat certain gynecological conditions. Here are some of the uses of Evalon 15gm:
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Vaginal Atrophy
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Osteoporosis Prevention
- Estrogen Deficiency
- Postmenopausal Health
How Does Evalon 15 Works
Evalon 15 gm contains an active ingredient; Estriol is estrogen which is a part of hormone replacement therapy and maintains the estrogen levels in the body in menopausal women. It reduces the vaginal wall from becoming thin and dry hence reducing the associated symptoms. The body produces hormones called Estrogen. They are required to support and maintain the growth of female organs.
After menopause, insufficient levels of this hormone can cause the vaginal lining to become thin and dry. It can make sexual activity uncomfortable and lead to vaginal infections. Evalon contains Estriol, a female hormone identical to the Estrogen your body produces naturally. It will help relieve symptoms that may occur after menopause. Evalon cream is absorbed through the skin and enters the bloodstream, alleviating menopause symptoms such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, burning, and irritation.
Side Effects of Evalon 15
- Burning of skin
- Increased discharge from the vagina/Vaginal heat
Common Side Effects
- Breast tenderness
- Stomach cramps, bloating, nausea, vomiting
- Weight gain
- Hyperpigmentation of skin
- Hair loss
- Vaginal itching, abnormal uterine bleeding
Serious Side Effects
- Blood Clots
- Heart Disease
- Breast Cancer
- Endometrial Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Gallbladder Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Liver Problems
- Allergic Reactions
- Worsening of Certain Conditions
Rare Side Effects
- Signs of liver disease such as yellowing of skin or whites of eyes (jaundice)
- Signs of high blood pressure such as headache, tiredness, and/or dizziness
- Migraine-like headaches (happening for the first time)
- Signs of blood clot such as painful swelling & redness of the legs, sudden chest pain, and/or difficulty in breathing
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Signs of endometrial hyperplasia (excessive thickening of the womb lining) such as heavy menstrual bleeding, anemia, bleeding between menstrual periods
- Thrombosis (blood clot in a vein) such as deep venous thrombosis
- Blood clots in arteries such as heart attack, stroke, and/or angina
Dosage of Evalon 15gm
- If you are referring to a specific medication or have more information about its active ingredient or purpose, please provide additional details so that I can give you accurate information about its dosage and other relevant details.
- In any case, it’s essential to follow your doctor’s prescription and the instructions on the medication label for safe and effective use. If you have any concerns or questions about your medication, I recommend consulting with your healthcare provider or pharmacist for clarification.
How to Manage Side Effects
- Contact Healthcare Provider
- Follow Dosage Instructions
- Stay Hydrated
- Take With Food
- Avoid Triggers
- Pain Management
- Manage Nausea
Warning & Precautions
- If skin irritation or allergy persists after using this Cream then stop using it and consult your doctor.
- Avoid direct contact with your eyes, mouth, nose or other sensitive areas. If it happens accidentally then wash your organs thoroughly with water or contact your doctor in case of emergency.
- Always keep the Cream at proper place and out of the reach of children.
- Personal and Family Medical History
- Risk of Blood Clots
- Endometrial Cancer Risk
- Breast Cancer Risk
- Ovarian Cancer Risk
- Cardiovascular Health
- Liver Function
- Gallbladder Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Interactions with Other Medications
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Regular Check-Ins
- Use Only as Prescribed
- Medical History
- Breast Cancer and Vaginal Bleeding
- Regular Check-ups
- Avoid during Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Blood Clotting
- Medical Supervision
- Dosage and Duration
- Regular Follow-Up
- Cardiovascular Risk
- Voice Changes
- Pregnancy and Contraception
- Adverse Effects
1. What is Evalon 15 Cream used for?
Ans. Evalon 15 Cream is used for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) in postmenopausal women to alleviate menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and discomfort.
2. How should I apply Evalon 15 Cream?
Ans. Apply Evalon 15 Cream as directed by your doctor. It is typically applied to the skin of the lower abdomen, thighs, or buttocks.
3. How often should I use Evalon 15 Cream?
Ans. The frequency of use will be determined by your doctor based on your individual needs. Follow the dosage instructions provided by your healthcare provider.
4. Can I use Evalon 15 Cream during pregnancy?
Ans. No, Evalon 15 Cream is not recommended during pregnancy. It is intended for use in postmenopausal women only.