Introduction to Oflox Eye Drops 5 ml
Oflox Eye Drops 5ml is an antibiotic, used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the eye. It relieves the symptoms of the infection by stopping the further growth of the causative microorganisms.
Oflox Eye/Ear Drop is for external use only. Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Hold the dropper close to the eye without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid. Wipe off extra liquid. Avoid skipping any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
It may cause eye discomfort, immediately following application. However, this is temporary and usually subsides on its own. Inform your doctor if it persists for a longer duration. Oflox Eye/Ear Drop may cause short-term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines. Do not wear contact lenses while using this medicine.
Uses of Oflox Eye Drops 5 ml
- Bacterial eye infections
- Treatment of Bacterial infections
How Does Oflox Eye Drops 5ml Works
Oflox Eye/Ear Drop is an antibiotic. It treats bacterial eye infections by preventing the bacteria from dividing and repairing. It does so by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase.
Side Effects of Oflox Eye Drops 5ml
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common Side Effects
- Eye discomfort
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Genital itching
- Vaginal inflammation
- Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness)
Serious Side Effects
- Severe allergic reactions, such as rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing.
- Eye pain, redness, or irritation that worsens or persists.
- Vision changes or disturbances, including blurred vision or sensitivity to light.
- Eye discharge or drainage that is unusual or excessive.
- Signs of a secondary eye infection, such as increased redness, swelling, or pus.
- Signs of a systemic reaction, such as fever, chills, or body aches.
- Worsening of any pre-existing eye conditions or diseases.
- Tearing or watering of the eyes that does not improve with time.
Rare Side Effects
- Allergic reactions, such as hives, itching, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Eye inflammation or uveitis.
- Corneal problems, such as corneal edema or erosions.
- Increased sensitivity to light (photophobia).
- Eye discomfort or foreign body sensation.
- Dry eyes or excessive tearing.
- Conjunctival hyperemia (redness of the conjunctiva).
- Blurred vision that persists or worsens.
- Eye discharge or crusting around the eyes.
Dosage of Oflox Eye Drops 5 ml
Oflox Eye Drop 5ml contains an active ingredient, Ofloxacin, which is used in the treatment of Eye Infection and should be given on prescription. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person. Ofloxacin is also available in tablet or capsule forms which can be given by your doctor for the treatment of bacterial infections in other body parts.
Patients are advised to take Oflox Eye Drop 5 ml at a fixed time, preferably in the morning and evening time or prescribed by your doctor. It can be used for Ear Infections also.
How to Manage Side Effects
- Inform Your Healthcare Provider
- Follow Prescribed Dosage
- Discontinue Use (If Advised
- Address Mild Irritation
- Avoid Contact Lenses
- Do Not Rub Eyes
Warning & Precautions
- Blurred Vision
- Eye Surgeries
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Eye disorders or inflammation or Surgeries
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
- Use as Prescribed
- Wash Hands
- Avoid Contact Lenses
- Administer Properly
- Wait Between Different Eye Drops
- Avoid Touching the Eye
- Do Not Share
- Report Side Effects
- Keep Out of Reach of Children
- Check Expiry Date:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Oflox Eye/Ear Drop used for?
Ans. Oflox Eye/Ear Drop is used to treat infection of the eyes caused by bacteria. It helps in relieving the symptoms of eye infection like red, painful, itchy or watery eyes. This helps restore normal vision and enables you to carry out daily activities with ease.
2. Is Oflox Eye/Ear Drop safe?
Ans. Oflox Eye/Ear Drop is safe if used in the dose and duration advised by your doctor. Use it exactly as directed and do not skip any dose. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully and let your doctor know if any of the side effects bother you.
3. How long does it take for Oflox Eye/Ear Drop to work?
Ans. Oflox Eye/Ear Drop starts working as soon as it is used. This is because it is used directly into the eyes, that is the area of the infection, and this makes its action faster. The infection usually resolves with a few days, but if you do not feel better even after a week, please consult your doctor.
4. Can I wear contact lenses while using Oflox Eye Drops?
Ans. Contact lenses should be removed before using the eye drops. You can reinsert your contact lenses 15 minutes after applying the drops.