Introduction to Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml
Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml is used for examination of the eye for detection of any eye disease. It acts by enlarging the pupil of the eyes and helps the doctor visualize the eye more closely.
Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by the doctor. Refrain from touching the tip of the dropper to any surface to avoid contaminating the eye drops.
Using a Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops can make your eyes more sensitive to light. Thus, wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from sunlight and other bright lights. The common side effects include pain, stinging, blurring of the vision, photophobia, and allergic reaction. Usually, these symptoms resolve quickly.
However, if the symptoms persist or get worse, contact your doctor. It is not advised to drive after using this medicine as it may cause temporary blurring of the vision and may affect your ability to drive.
Uses of Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml
- Eye examination
How Does Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml Works
Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops is a combination of two medicines: Phenylephrine and Tropicamide. Phenylephrine is a decongestant while Tropicamide is an anticholinergic. They work by making the pupil of your eye larger and relax the muscles in your eye. This allows proper examination of the inside of your eye.
Side Effects of Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common Side Effects
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light (photophobia)
- Eye redness
- Mild stinging or burning sensation upon application
- Temporary increase in eye pressure
Serious Side Effects
- Severe allergic reactions, such as rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing.
- Increased intraocular pressure, which can be problematic for individuals with certain eye conditions like glaucoma.
- Eye pain, persistent eye redness, or irritation that does not improve with time.
- Vision changes or disturbances, including blurred or distorted vision.
- Systemic effects such as rapid heart rate, increased blood pressure, or other cardiovascular symptoms.
Dosage of Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops
Tropicacyl Eye Drops 3 ml contains an active ingredient, Phenylephrine + Tropicamide, which is used in Uveitis and Eye Examination and should be given on prescription. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person. Patients are advised to take Tropicacyl Eye Drops 3ml at a fixed time, preferably in morning and evening time or prescribed by your doctor.
How to Manage Side Effects
- Inform Healthcare Provider
- Follow Prescribed Dosage
- Discontinue Use (If Advised)
- Address Mild Irritation
- Avoid Contact Lenses
- Do Not Rub Eyes
- Use Properly and Sterilize
- Stay Hydrated
- Report Serious Side Effects
Warning & Precautions
- Allergic Reactions
- Eye Conditions
- Cardiovascular Conditions
- Urinary Retention
- Systemic Absorption
- Contact Lenses
- Driving and Operating Machinery
- Children and Elderly
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Other Medications
- Use as Prescribed: Only use Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops as directed by your healthcare provider or Eye Care Specialist. Follow the recommended dosage and duration of use.
- Wash Hands: Before applying the eye drops, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water to prevent contamination.
- Avoid Contact Lenses: If you wear contact lenses, remove them before instilling Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops. Wait at least 10 to 15 minutes after using the drops before reinserting the lenses.
- Administer Properly: Tilt your head back and pull down your lower eyelid to create a small pocket. Instill the prescribed number of drops into the pocket and then close your eyes gently for a minute or two to allow the drops to spread evenly.
- Wait Between Different Eye Drops: If you are using other eye medications, wait at least 5 minutes between each medication to prevent interactions and ensure their effectiveness.
- Avoid Touching the Eye: Avoid touching the tip of the dropper bottle to any surface or your eye to prevent contamination.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml work?
Ans. Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml is a combination of two medicines: Tropicamide and Phenylephrine. It can cause mydriasis (dilation of the pupil of the eye) to help the doctor to visualize the eye clearly for detection of any eye diseases.
2. What precautions should I take while using Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml?
Ans. Remove contact lenses at least 15 minutes before using Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops as it causes eye irritation. Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml may cause photophobia (sensitivity to light), so wear sunglasses if you experience sensitivity to light after using this medicine. Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml may also cause blurred vision, so avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until your vision becomes normal.
3. How long does Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops take to work?
Ans. Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops acts or causes dilation of the pupil within minutes after instilling the drops. Its effect may last up to few hours to one day.
4. Can Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml be used in patients with glaucoma?
Ans. Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml should not be used in patients with glaucoma as Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drops 5ml may increase pressure inside the eye