Introduction to Progynova 2 mg Tablet
Progynova 2mg Tablet is a female sex hormone (estrogen). This is a type of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) that is used to treat symptoms associated with menopause (hot flushes, vaginal dryness, and itching), estrogen deficiency, and thinning of bones (osteoporosis).
In some cases, Progynova 2mg Tablet is also used to treat breast cancer and prostate cancer along with other Anti-cancer medicines. The medicine is to be swallowed with water. It can be taken with or without food, but remember to take it at a fixed time each day for better efficacy. The dose and duration will be decided by your doctor so that you get the right amount to control your symptoms. If you have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. Do not skip any dose and finish the full course of treatment. The treatment should not be stopped abruptly without consulting your doctor as this may affect the potency of this medicine.
The most common side effects of this HRT are headaches, breast pain, irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting, abdominal cramps or bloating, nausea, vomiting, and hair loss. Some of the warning signs and symptoms that need immediate medical attention are breast lumps, unusual vaginal bleeding, dizziness and faintness, severe headaches, chest pain, shortness of breath, pains in your legs, etc.
Before taking this medicine, it is important to tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines for the same disease or other diseases. Before you initiate with this HRT, you must consult the doctor if you have a history of unexplained vaginal bleeding or if you have ever had a blood clot in your legs or your lungs. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should tell your doctor before taking this medicine. Your doctor may suggest you some diagnostic or laboratory tests to know the effects and side effects of this medicine on your body.
Uses of Progynova 2 mg
- Hormone replacement therapy
How Does Progynova 2 Works
Progynova 2mg Tablet contains a medication called estrogen (female sex hormone). It works by replacing estrogen that is normally produced by the body. In women who are undergoing or have attained menopause, it prevents symptoms such as hot flushes, vaginal burning, dryness, and itching, caused due to lack of estrogen.
Side Effects of Progynova 2mg
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common Side Effects
- Breast pain
- Abdominal cramp
- Vaginal spotting
Dosage of Progynova 2mg
Progynova 2 mg contains, Estradiol, used for contraception and Osteoporosis. You may find in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time.
Females are advised to take Progynova 2 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. It must be taken with progesterone for contraception. You can start taking this between 21-28 days after you delivery and can start from the first day of your menstruation if you taking it the first time. If you got late to start this course then you have to choose an emergency contraception method for first 7 days of the starting period.
Other Dosages of Progynova 2mg
How To Manage Side Effects
- Follow Prescribed Dosage
- Inform Your Doctor
- Stay Hydrated
- Nausea or Stomach Upset
- Breakthrough Bleeding
- Breast Tenderness
Warning & Precautions
- Jaundice like Problems
- Blood clotting problems and heart disease
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Difference in Vision
- Gallbladder Disease and Diabetes
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Liver Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment
- Prescription Only: Progynova 2 should only be taken with a valid prescription from a healthcare provider experienced in hormone replacement therapy or hormone-related conditions.
- Inform Your Doctor: Provide your healthcare provider with a detailed medical history, including any pre-existing medical conditions, allergies, or previous reactions to medications.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Progynova 2 is not suitable for use during pregnancy. If you become pregnant while on this medication, inform your doctor immediately. It is not intended for use while breastfeeding.
- Breast Cancer Risk: Discuss your risk of developing breast cancer with your doctor before starting Progynova 2. Regular breast exams and mammograms may be recommended for some individuals.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Progynova 2mg Tablet used for?
Ans. Progynova 2mg Tablet is used in postmenopausal women (with at least 6 months since their last natural period) to provide relief from symptoms that occurs after menopause. It is also used to prevent osteoporosis (condition marked by weak and fragile bones) which occurs after menopause in few women.
2. What are the common side effects of taking Progynova 2mg Tablet?
Ans. The most common side effects of taking Progynova 2mg Tablet are headache, nausea, cramps in legs, abdominal/pelvic pain, unscheduled bleeding/spotting, asthenia (feeling of weakness), and/or rash/itching. Consult your doctor if any of these symptoms worsens.
3. How Progynova 2mg Tablet is taken?
Ans. Take Progynova 2mg Tablet as advised by your physician. Swallow the medicine with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration for you depending upon your age, body weight and disease condition.
4. What happens if Progynova 2mg Tablet is taken more than its required dosage?
Ans. If you or anyone else accidentally takes too much of Progynova 2mg Tablet, consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital. Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, dizziness, and/or withdrawal bleeding