Introduction to Spedra 200mg Tablet
Spedra (generic name: Avanafil) is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in adult men. It belongs to a class of drugs known as phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors. Avanafil works by increasing blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation, enabling an erection.
Spedra tablets are one of the most popular treatments for Erectile Dysfunction (ED) in the UK. They can take effect as soon as 20 minutes after use and help you to achieve an erection and allow you to maintain one for a window of 4-5 hours.
Spedra can help you have a normal sex life again, however, to make sure it is the right treatment for you it is important that you discuss the causes and symptoms of your ED first, before you buy. The Independent Pharmacy offers a fast & free, online consultation before dispensing Spedra tablets.
Here are some key points to know about Spedra 200mg tablet:
- Dosage and Administration
- Mechanism of Action
- Onset and Duration of Action
- Food and Alcohol Interaction
- Precautions and Considerations
- Side Effects
- Consultation with Healthcare Provider
Uses of Spedra 200
Spedra 200mg tablet is primarily used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in adult men. Erectile dysfunction is a condition characterized by the inability to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for sexual activity. Avanafil, the active ingredient in Spedra, belongs to a class of medications known as phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors.
Here are the primary uses of Spedra 200mg tablet:
- Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Improvement of Sexual Performance
- Enhancement of Sexual Confidence
- Increased Sexual Satisfaction
How Does Spedra 200mg Tablet Works?
Spedra 200mg tablet works by inhibiting the action of an enzyme called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5). To understand how it works, let’s break down the process:
- Normal Physiology of Erection
- Role of cGMP
- Action of Phosphodiesterase Type 5 (PDE5)
- Avanafil’s Mechanism of Action
- Duration of Action
Side Effects of Spedra 200
Spedra 200mg tablet, like any medication, can potentially cause side effects in some individuals. It’s important to note that not everyone will experience these side effects, and some may experience none at all. If you experience any of these side effects and they are severe or persistent, it’s crucial to contact your healthcare provider. Here are some of the possible side effects associated with Spedra :
Common Side Effects
- Flushing (Redness of the Skin)
- Nasal Congestion
- Back Pain
- Indigestion or Upset Stomach
Serious Side Effects
- Sudden Vision or Hearing Loss
- Allergic Reaction
- Chest Pain or Irregular Heartbeat
- Severe Dizziness or Fainting
- Severe Skin Reactions
- High or Low Blood Pressure
Rare Side Effects
- Visual Disturbances
- Muscle Pain
- Sleepiness or Fatigue
- Increased Heart Rate (Tachycardia)
- Abnormal Liver Function Tests
Dosage of Spedra 200mg
Spedra (Avanafil) can vary based on individual factors and should be determined by a healthcare provider. However, the typical starting dose for Avanafil is 100mg, taken as needed, approximately 30 minutes before sexual activity.
If the initial 100mg dose is well-tolerated but not producing the desired effect, it may be increased to a maximum of 200mg or decreased to 50mg, depending on individual response.
Here’s a general guideline for Avanafil dosage:
- Starting Dose
- Maximum Dose
- Lower Dose Option
Other Dosage of Spedra 200
Warning & Precautions
- Nitrates and Alpha Blockers
- Cardiovascular Health
- Vision and Hearing Loss
- Allergic Reactions
- Liver and Kidney Function
- Alcohol and Grapefruit Juice
- Prolonged Erection History
- Other Medications
- Driving and Operating Machinery
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Prescription Only
- Consultation with Healthcare Provider
- Medical History
- Medication Interaction
- Avoid Alcohol and Grapefruit Juice
- Not for Women or Children
- Avoid Nitrates and Alpha-Blockers
- Priapism Awareness
- Monitor for Visual or Hearing Changes
- Use Caution with Cardiovascular Conditions
- Report Allergic Reactions
- Do Not Exceed Recommended Dosage
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I do if I miss a dose of Spedra?
Ans. Since Spedra is taken on an as-needed basis, there is no specific dosing schedule. If you miss a dose, simply take it when needed before engaging in sexual activity. Do not take more than one dose within a 24-hour period.
2. Can I take Spedra 200mg Tablet with alcohol or grapefruit juice?
Ans. Excessive alcohol consumption and grapefruit juice can interact with Spedra 200mg Tablet and may increase the risk of side effects. It’s advisable to limit or avoid these while using the medication.
3. Can women or children use Spedra 200mg Tablet?
Ans. No, Spedra is specifically designed for adult men with erectile dysfunction. It is not intended for use by women or children.
4. What are the common side effects of Spedra 200mg Tablet?
Ans. Common side effects may include headache, flushing, nasal congestion, back pain, and indigestion. These effects are usually mild and transient.