Introduction to Abevmy 100mg/4ml Injection
Abevmy 100mg Injection is an Anticancer Medication. It is used in the treatment of cancer of colon and rectum, non-small cell lung cancer, kidney cancer, brain tumor, ovarian and cervical cancer. It helps to prevent the growth of new blood vessels that feed tumors and stops tumors from growing.
Abevmy 100mg Injection is an effective medicine, first-line option when used together with other cancer medicines. It is given as an infusion. That means you get it through a small needle in your vein or through a port, which is a device placed under your skin. The doctor will decide your dose and duration and will check you for signs of an infusion reaction such as high blood pressure and trouble breathing.
You keep taking Abevmy 100mg Injection as long as your disease is controlled and your side effects are manageable. Your doctor will determine whether you should stop taking it or not. You may be advised to check blood pressure and levels of protein in urine while you are taking this medication.
The most common side effects of this medicine include rectal bleeding, taste change, and headache. Inform your doctor that you are taking this medication before undergoing any surgical procedure, as the drug has ability to lower the ability of wound healing. Other than this, it also enhances your risk of bleeding thus if you notice any unusual bleeding or bleeding consult with your doctor immediately.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding. Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your healthcare team know all medications you are using.
Uses of Abevmy 100mg/4ml Injection
- Cancer of colon and rectum
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Brain tumor
- Ovarian cancer
- Cervical cancer
How Does Abevmy 100mg/4ml Works
Abevmy 100mg Injection is a anti-angiogenic medication. It works by blocking a protein called vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). This stops the formation of blood vessels that bring oxygen and nutrients to cancerous cells.
- Inhibition of Angiogenesis
- Blocking Blood Vessel Formation
- Reducing Blood Supply to Tumors
- Slowing Tumor Growth
Side Effects of Abevmy 100mg/4ml
- Black or Tarry stools
- Bleeding gums
- Body aches or Pain
- Burning, tingling, numbness in the arms and feet
- Chest pain
- Cloudy urine
- Decreased urine output
- Dilated neck veins
- Irregular breathing
- Sore throat
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
Dosage of Abevmy 100mg/4ml
Abevmy 100 mg Injection contains an active ingredient, Bevacizumab, which is used in the treatment of Cancer of colon & rectum, Non-small cell lung cancer, Brain tumor, Kidney cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Glioblastoma Multiforme, Cervical cancer, Peritoneal Cancer, Fallopian Tube Cancer.
This medicine is obtainable in different substitutes & strengths & has got to be purchased or taken on doctor’s prescription only. You must talk about with your physician for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine since age & severity of the disease differ from person to person, and this can only be finest judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Abevmy 100 mg Injection at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Abevmy 100 mg Injection regularly on time for better results.
Other Dosages of Abevmy 100mg Injection
How to Manage Side Effects
- Inform Your Doctor
- Stay Hydrated
- Take with Food
- Rest and Activity
- Pain Management
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Skin Care
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
Warning & Precautions
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Abevmy 100 mg Injection is not suggested for use in children below 18 years of age
- You have to use a consistent contraceptive method to avoid pregnancy while you are on this medication as it can cause birth defects
- You have to regularly get your blood tests done to examine your blood cells, liver & kidney function, & electrolyte levels during treatment with this medicine
- You must also get your blood pressure and levels of proteins in urine checked regularly while taking this medicine
- You should not obtain this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- You must not drive or operate heavy machines at the same time as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- Always talk about with your medical doctor straight away to get the most excellent possible treatment if you are observing several of the above mentioned conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kinds of cancer can Abevmy 100mg Injection be used for ?
Ans. Abevmy 100mg Injection is approved for the treatment of cancer of the colon or rectum that has spread to other parts of the body. It must be given along with chemotherapy. Other types of cancers that it helps with includes certain types of lung cancer, kidney cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, and glioblastoma (a type of brain tumor).
2. How is Abevmy 100mg Injection given?
Ans. Abevmy 100mg Injection is given as an infusion. That means you get it through a small needle in your vein or through a port, which is a device placed under your skin. Your doctor will decide your dose and duration and will monitor you for signs of an infusion reaction.
3. How long can I take Abevmy 100mg Injection for?
Ans. You keep taking Abevmy 100mg Injection as long as your disease is controlled and your side effects are manageable. Your doctor will determine whether you should stop taking Abevmy 100mg Injection. If your cancer progresses during this initial treatment, talk to your doctor if a different chemotherapy may be an option.
4. How Abevmy 100mg Injection works differently from chemotherapy?
Ans. Chemotherapy attacks fast-growing cells, like cancer cells. In contrast, the purpose of Abevmy 100mg Injection is to prevent the growth of new blood vessels that feed tumors. This causes the Tumour to shrink, or to stop growing.