Introduction to Abevmy 400mg Injection
Abevmy 400mg Injection contains Bevacizumab which belongs to the group of medicines called Antineoplastic agents. It is used in adult patients with Fluoropyrimidine (chemotherapy medicine) to treat metastatic cancer in large bowel (colon or rectum). It is also used with Paclitaxel/ Capecitabine (chemotherapy medicine) to treat metastatic breast cancer in adult patients.
Abevmy 400mg Injection is used with chemotherapy regimen containing Platinum to treat advanced non-small cell lung cancer without epidermal growth factor receptor (mutated protein responsible to cause cancer in a cell) and with Erlotinib (chemotherapy medicine) to treat metastatic non-small cell lung cancer with epidermal growth factor receptor (in cancer cells) in adult patients.
The medicine is indicated for use to treat metastatic kidney cancer along with interferon (chemotherapy medicine) which is also indicated for use with Carboplatin, Gemcitabine, and/or with Carboplatin and Paclitaxel (chemotherapy medicine) to treat recurrent advanced epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube/primary peritoneal cancer in adult patients. The medicine is also used to treat persistent, recurrent or metastatic cervical cancer with/without Paclitaxel and Cisplatin/ Paclitaxel and Topotecan in adult patients.
Abevmy 400mg Injection is not recommended for use if in patients allergic to Bevacizumab, Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cell products, and/or other recombinant human/humanized antibodies. It is also not recommended for use in patients who had recently undergone major operation/surgery.
Uses of Abevmy 400 mg
- Metastatic cancer in large bowel (colon/rectum), breast, and kidney
- Advanced non-small cell lung cancer
- Recurrent advanced epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube/primary peritoneal cancer
- Persistent/recurrent/metastatic cervical cancer
How Does Abevmy 400 Works
Abevmy 400mg Injection works by reducing microvascular growth of Tumour blood vessels which leads to reduced blood flow to the Tumour cells resulting in its death thus treating the disease and preventing its spread to other parts of the body in affected individuals.
Side Effects of Abevmy 400
Common Side Effects
- Constipation, loss of appetite
- Eye problems (such as increase in production of tears)
- Changes in speech/sense of taste
- Runny nose
- Dry skin, flaking, skin inflammation and skin colour changes
- Loss of body weight
- Nose bleeds
- Voice changes and hoarseness
Rare Side Effects
- High blood pressure
- Feeling of numbness/tingling in hands/feet
- Low white blood cell count leading to infection (which may be accompanied by fever) / low platelet count leading to bleeding (including in
- lungs)/ blocking of veins by blood clot
- Severe weakness/tiredness
- Severe abdominal pain, perforation of the gut, Diarrhoea, nausea, and/or vomiting
- Heart failure, problems with wound healing after surgery
- Redness, peeling, tenderness, pain, and/or blistering on fingers/feet
- Severe low red cell count in blood
- Severe lack of energy
- Stomach and intestinal disorder
Dosage of Abevmy 400 mg
Abevmy 100 mg Injection contains an active ingredient, Bevacizumab, which is used in the treatment of Cancer of colon & rectum, Non-small cell lung cancer, Brain tumor, Kidney cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Glioblastoma Multiforme, Cervical cancer, Peritoneal Cancer, Fallopian Tube Cancer. This medicine is obtainable in different substitutes & strengths & has got to be purchased or taken on doctor’s prescription only.
You must talk about with your physician for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine since age & severity of the disease differ from person to person, and this can only be finest judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Abevmy 100 mg Injection at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Abevmy 100 mg Injection regularly on time for better results.
Other Dosages of Abevmy 400mg Injection
How To Manage Side Effects
- Inform Your Doctor
- Stay Hydrated
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Infection Prevention
Warning & Precautions
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Abevmy 100 mg Injection is not suggested for use in children below 18 years of age
- You have to use a consistent contraceptive method to avoid pregnancy while you are on this medication as it can cause birth defects
- You have to regularly get your blood tests done to examine your blood cells, liver & kidney function, & electrolyte levels during treatment with this medicine
- You must also get your blood pressure and levels of proteins in urine checked regularly while taking this medicine
- You should not obtain this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- You must not drive or operate heavy machines at the same time as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- Always talk about with your medical doctor straight away to get the most excellent possible treatment if you are observing several of the above mentioned conditions.
- Prescription Only
- Inform Your Doctor
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Risk of Bleeding
- Infection Risk
- Avoid Vaccines
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Abevmy 400mg Injection used for?
Ans. Abevmy 400mg Injection is used in adult patients to treat metastatic cancer in large bowel (colon/rectum), breast, kidney, and lungs. It is also used to treat recurrent advanced epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube/primary peritoneal cancer, and/or persistent/recurrent/metastatic cervical cancer in affected individuals.
2. How Abevmy 400mg Injection works?
Ans. Abevmy 400mg Injection works by reducing microvascular growth of Tumour blood vessels which leads to reduced blood flow to the Tumour cells resulting in its death thus treating the disease and preventing its spread to other parts of the body in affected individuals.
3. What are the common side effects of receiving Abevmy 400mg Injection?
Ans. The most common side effects of receiving Abevmy 400mg Injection are constipation, loss of appetite, fever, eye problems (such as increase in production of tears), changes in speech/sense of taste, runny nose, and/or loss of body weight. Consult your doctor if any of these symptoms worsens.
4. How Abevmy 400mg Injection is administered?
Ans. Abevmy 400mg Injection will be given to you only by a doctor or a nurse into a vein as an intravenous infusion. Your doctor will determine the correct dose and duration for you based upon your age, body weight and disease condition.