Introduction to Krabeva 400 mg Injection
Krabeva 400mg Injection is an Anticancer medication. It is used in the treatment of cancer of colon and rectum, non-small cell lung cancer, kidney cancer, brain tumor, ovarian and cervical cancer. It helps to prevent the growth of new blood vessels that feed tumors and stops tumors from growing.
Krabeva 400mg Injection is an effective medicine, first-line option when used together with other cancer medicines. It is given as an infusion. That means you get it through a small needle in your vein or through a port, which is a device placed under your skin. The doctor will decide your dose and duration and will check you for signs of an infusion reaction such as high blood pressure and trouble breathing.
You keep taking Krabeva 400mg Injection as long as your disease is controlled and your side effects are manageable. Your doctor will determine whether you should stop taking it or not. You may be advised to check blood pressure and levels of protein in urine while you are taking this medication.
The most common side effects of this medicine include rectal bleeding, taste change, and headache. Inform your doctor that you are taking this medication before undergoing any surgical procedure, as the drug has ability to lower the ability of wound healing. Other than this, it also enhances your risk of bleeding thus if you notice any unusual bleeding or bleeding consult with your doctor immediately.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding. Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your healthcare team know all medications you are using.
Uses of Krabeva 400 mg
- Cancer of colon and rectum
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Brain tumor
- Ovarian cancer
- Cervical cancer
How Does Krabeva 400 Works
Krabeva 400mg Injection is a anti-angiogenic medication. It works by blocking a protein called vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). This stops the formation of blood vessels that bring oxygen and nutrients to cancerous cells.
Side Effects of Krabeva 400
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common Side Effects
- Rectal bleeding
- Taste change
- Back pain
- Dry skin
- High blood pressure
- Protein in urine
- Inflammation of the nose
How to Manage Side Effects
- Inform Your Doctor
- Stay Hydrated
- Take with Food
- Rest and Activity
- Pain Management
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Skin Care
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Kidney Function Monitoring
- Blood Clot Prevention
- Infection Prevention
- Follow-up Appointments
- Handling Precautions
Dosages of Krabeva 400mg Injection
Warning & Precautions
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Krabeva 400 mg Injection is not suggested for use in children below 48 years of age
- You have to use a consistent contraceptive method to avoid pregnancy while you are on this medication as it can cause birth defects
- You have to regularly get your blood tests done to examine your blood cells, liver & kidney function, & electrolyte levels during treatment with this medicine
- You must also get your blood pressure and levels of proteins in urine checked regularly while taking this medicine
- You should not obtain this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- You must not drive or operate heavy machines at the same time as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- Always talk about with your medical doctor straight away to get the most excellent possible treatment if you are observing several of the above mentioned conditions.
- Prescription Only
- Inform Your Doctor
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Dosage Compliance
- Avoid Alcohol and Certain Foods
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kinds of cancer can Krabeva 400mg Injection be used for ?
Ans. Krabeva 400mg Injection is approved for the treatment of cancer of the colon or rectum that has spread to other parts of the body. It must be given along with chemotherapy. Other types of cancers that it helps with includes certain types of lung cancer, kidney cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, and glioblastoma (a type of brain tumor).
2. How is Krabeva 400mg Injection given?
Ans. Krabeva 400mg Injection is given as an infusion. That means you get it through a small needle in your vein or through a port, which is a device placed under your skin. Your doctor will decide your dose and duration and will monitor you for signs of an infusion reaction.
3. How long can I take Krabeva 400mg Injection for?
Ans. You keep taking Krabeva 400mg Injection as long as your disease is controlled and your side effects are manageable. Your doctor will determine whether you should stop taking Krabeva 400mg Injection. If your cancer progresses during this initial treatment, talk to your doctor if a different chemotherapy may be an option.
4. How Krabeva 400mg Injection works differently from chemotherapy?
Ans. Chemotherapy attacks fast-growing cells, like cancer cells. In contrast, the purpose of Krabeva 400mg Injection is to prevent the growth of new blood vessels that feed tumors. This causes the Tumour to shrink, or to stop growing.