Introduction to Vivitra 440 mg Injection
Vivitra 440mg Injection is used in the treatment of breast and stomach Cancer. It works by killing the cancer cells by inhibiting HER2 (human epidermal growth factor receptor protein).
Vivitra 440mg Injection is given as an injection by a qualified medical professional. Your doctor will decide what dose is necessary and how often you need to take it. This will depend on what you are being treated for and may change from time to time. You should take it exactly as your doctor has advised. Taking it in the wrong way or taking too much can cause very serious side effects. It may take several weeks or months for you to see or feel the benefits but do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to.
The most common side effects of this medicine include nausea, headache, rash, insomnia, and infection. This medicine may reduce the number of blood cells (decrease red blood and white blood cells) in your blood, thereby, increasing the susceptibility to infections. Regular blood tests are required to check your blood cells along with heart, liver, and blood uric acid levels. You must have to inform your doctor if you experience breathlessness, cough, shivering, swelling of legs and arm.
Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your healthcare team know all medications you are using. This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. The use of effective contraception by both males and females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy.
Uses of Vivitra 440 mg
- Breast cancer
- Stomach cancer
How Does Vivitra 440 Works
Vivitra 440 mg Injection has an active ingredient; Trastuzumab is a monoclonal antibody specifically designed to target HER2 receptors on breast cancer & stomach cancer cells. In vitro, Trastuzumab has been shown to be preferentially exerted on HER2 over expressing cancer cells compared with cancer cells that do not over express HER2.This medicine flags the cancer cells for annihilation by the body’s immune system. It is known to inhibit the proliferation of human tumor cells and angiogenesis of tumor cells.
Dosages of Vivitra 440Mg Injection
Side Effects of Vivitra 440
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Tiredness and weakness
- Shortness of breath
- Reduction in blood cell count
- Muscle and joint pain
- Increased cough
- Swelling of mucous membranes
- Swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- Change in taste
- Sleep disturbances
Common Side Effects
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Fatigue or drowsiness
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Abdominal discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Changes in appetite or weight
Rare Side Effects
- Vision changes or eye problems.
- Blood disorders, such as a decrease in white blood cells, red blood cells, or platelets.
- Liver or kidney problems.
- Severe skin reactions, such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome or toxic epidermal necrolysis.
- Neurological effects, like seizures or hallucinations.
How to Manage Side Effects
- Consult a Healthcare Professional
- Follow Prescribed Dosage
- Take with Food
- Stay Hydrated
- Avoid Alcohol and Certain Medications
- Monitor Blood Pressure and Heart Rate
- Report Allergic Reactions
- Be Cautious with Activities
Warning & Precautions
- Liver/kidney disease
- You must undergo biopsy test during Trastuzumab treatment to check the effect of Trastuzumab
- It is recommended to test the over expression of human epidermal growth factor receptor (HER2) before the administration of this medicine is initiated
- Regular monitoring of blood cell components is recommended while this medicine is being administered
- You should not drive or operate machinery while taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You must always consult your doctor immediately to get best possible treatment when you are suffering from any of the above mentioned conditions.
- Medical Supervision: Take Vivitra 440 only under the supervision and prescription of a qualified healthcare professional.
- Dosage Compliance: Follow the prescribed dosage and do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
- Allergy Check: Ensure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients in Vivitra 440 before taking it.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, discuss the risks and benefits of using Vivitra 440 with your doctor.
- Medical History: Inform your doctor about any pre-existing medical conditions, including liver, kidney, heart, or blood pressure issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the serious side effects of Vivitra 440mg Injection?
Ans. There are various side effects related to Vivitra 440mg Injection such as sore throat, fever, chills, excessive tiredness, pale skin, nosebleeds, and other unusual bruising or bleeding. One can also experience stomach pain, seizures, hallucinations, muscle cramps, and spasms. Along with that, nausea or vomiting, loss of appetite, fatigue, rapid heart beat, discoloration of urine; decreased amount of urine, difficulty in urinating, pain when urinating, and other signs of infection can also be observed with the use of Vivitra 440mg Injection. You should call your doctor immediately if you notice any such symptoms.
2. How long after Vivitra 440mg Injection therapy can I get pregnant?
Ans. Women of child-bearing age should use effective contraception during Vivitra 440mg Injection therapy and for 7 months after completing the treatment. You can plan your pregnancy after 7 months of treatment with Vivitra 440mg Injection.
3. How long should Vivitra 440mg Injection be taken?
Ans. Patients with early breast cancer should take Vivitra 440mg Injection for 1 year or until disease recurs, whichever occurs first. It is not advised to extend the treatment beyond 1 year in patients of early breast cancer.
4. Is fasting required before administering Vivitra 440mg Injection?
Ans. No, fasting is not required before administering Vivitra 440mg Injection. It should be given under the guidance of a doctor who is experienced in giving cancer chemotherapy and should be given only by a healthcare professional.