Introduction to Metafort G 853 Tablet
Metafort G 853 Tablets is a combination of Glimepiride and Metformin which belongs to a group of medicines called Antidiabetic agents. METAFORT G is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet, exercise and the single agent does not result in adequate glycemic control. Type 2 diabetes is a chronic medical condition in which the body does not make enough insulin, or the produced insulin does not work well. Symptoms include excessive urination, excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, and blurred vision.
Glimepiride lowers blood sugar by causing the pancreas to produce more insulin and helps the body use insulin efficiently. Metformin is a biguanide which effectively reduces the total amount of sugar released into the blood by the liver. Along treatment with Metafort G 853 follow regular exercise and diet plan as advised by your doctor to achieve better results.
Before taking Metafort G 853 inform your doctor if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus, diabetic ketoacidosis, severe liver or kidney disease, acute heart problems. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is not suitable for use in children and adolescents under 18 years of age. Avoid consumption of alcohol during treatment with Metafort G 853 as it may increase or decrease the blood sugar lowering action of METAFORT G and increases the risk of lactic acidosis. The most common side effects of taking METAFORT G are taste disturbance, nausea, diarrhea, stomachache, and vomiting. Contact your doctor if any of the symptoms worsen.
Uses of Metafort G 853
- Treats type 2 Diabetes mellitus (when diet, exercise and the single agent does not result in adequate glycemic control)
How Does Metafort G 853 Works
Metafort G 853 controls blood glucose levels, where glimepiride works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose. Metformin works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestine, and increasing the body’s sensitivity to insulin.
Side Effects of Metafort G 853
Common Side Effects
- Taste disturbance
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Rare Side Effects
- Lactic acidosis
- Inflammation of the liver which may result in jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes)
- Severe allergic reactions (such as skin rash, hives, and increased sensitivity to sun, inflammation of blood vessels which may develop into serious reactions with difficulty in breathing, fall in blood pressure and sometimes progressing to shock)
- Severe low blood sugar levels including loss of consciousness, seizures, or coma
How to Manage Side Effects
- Contact your healthcare provider
- Follow prescribed dosage
- Take with food
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid alcohol and certain substances
- Monitor your symptoms
- Manage specific side effects
- Report any severe side effects
Dosages of Metafort G 853 Tablets
Warning & Precautions
- Consult a healthcare professional
- Allergic reactions
- Medical history
- Medication interactions
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Liver or kidney problems
- Alcohol and certain substances
- Driving and operating machinery
- Dosage and administration
- Follow Prescribed Dosage: Take the medication as prescribed by your healthcare provider. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Medical Supervision: Use Metafort-G 853 under the supervision of a qualified medical professional.
- Allergy Check: Inform your doctor about any known allergies to medications or its ingredients.
- Kidney Function: If you have kidney issues, consult your doctor before using this medication, as dosage adjustments may be required.
- Blood Sugar Monitoring: If you are diabetic, regularly monitor your blood sugar levels while using Metafort-G 853.
- Hypoglycemia: Be aware of the symptoms of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and have a plan to manage it, such as carrying glucose tablets or candy.
- Hyperglycemia: Watch for signs of high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) and promptly report any unusual symptoms to your doctor.
- Lactic Acidosis: Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms of lactic acidosis, such as weakness, rapid breathing, abdominal discomfort, or irregular heartbeat.
- Alcohol Avoidance: Avoid excessive alcohol consumption while taking Metafort-G 853, as it may increase the risk of lactic acidosis.
- Interactions: Inform your healthcare provider about all other medications and supplements you are taking to avoid potential drug interactions.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Consult your doctor before using Metafort-G 853 if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Metafort G 853 used for?
Ans. Metafort G 853 is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet, exercise and the single agent alone does not result in adequate glycemic control. Along treatment with Metafort G 853 follow regular exercise and diet plan as advised by your doctor to achieve better results.
2. Can I drive or handle machines after taking Metafort G 853?
Ans. Do not drive or handle any machines if you experience low or high blood sugar levels (symptoms include dizziness, tiredness, shaking or trembling) or if you develop visual problems due to altered blood sugar levels. Consult your doctor before taking Metafort G 853.
3. Can I consume alcohol while taking Metafort G 853?
Ans. Avoid consumption of alcohol during treatment with Metafort G 853 as it may increase or decrease the blood sugar lowering action of Metafort G 853 and increases the risk of lactic acidosis. Consult your doctor for advice before taking Metafort G 853.
4. Is Metafort G 853 safe to use in patients with kidney problems?
Ans. Metafort G 853 is not recommended for use in patients with severe kidney disease and it should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease and your dose will be adjusted if needed depending upon kidney function. Consult your doctor before taking Metafort G 853.